Re: [Icehouse] Zark City 1.1

  • FromAndy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 11 Mar 2008 12:38:59 -0500
Yes, as Doug pointed out, I've decided on a couple of tweaks. I came up with a better solution to the all-face cards to start problem, and I was compelled by this argument from Topher:

Those discard three, draw three turns aren't very exciting.  Being able to
draw three, discard three gets you to the hand you want faster, so you
can get
on to the more fun parts of the game faster.

I agree. I was still clinging to the Zarcana method a bit before, but I've decided this way is best. I like to think of it as being Draw 3, Hand Limit 6.

Also, to finally answer Carl's question, I've never intended it to be legal to attack your own piece. However, I suppose if you ever found yourself wanting to, you could.

Thanks for all the feedback folks! I played Zark City 4 times last night and I'm getting more and more into playing this game! It really plays well... if you haven't tried it yet, you should!

-- Andy