[Icehouse] Zark Fluxxity

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 21 Mar 2008 08:33:31 -0700
On Friday, March 21, 2008, at 10:40AM, "Jason Spears" <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Jorge Arroyo <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm sorry things got out of hand (first on the list, now on the wiki). I
>> hope we don't have to go through this again.
>
>And now it's back on the list. Can't we just drop it?
>
>Let's get back to talking about cool new games or hear some thoughts
>on improving old ones.

In that case, can we talk about combining Zark City and Fluxx?  Zark Fluxxity?

I'm thinking this:

Play a game of Fluxx, the winner of that game goes first in Zark Fluxxity.

Set the Basic Rules Card on the table.  It is not part of the playing field.  It is only for reference.

The current Draw N rule tells you how many cards the DRAW action will give you.
On your turn, you spend a number of action points equal to the current Play N rule (don't confuse these actions points with Action cards) to complete your turn.  Each point you spend allows you to take one of the normal Zark City actions, modified as explained here.  If the Play rule changes while during your turn, end your turn if you've spent action points equal to or greater than the current rule and spend additional actions as necessary if the Play rule increased.

New Rule, Goal, and Keeper cards are played to the table like number cards are in Zark City using the SPAWN action, with a small pyramid on them. Note that due to the limited number of small pyramids, you may not be able to SPAWN (if you have no small pyramids left in your stash).

Action cards can't be played on the table with SPAWN.  They can be discarded for ATTACK just like face cards in Zark City, or played using the PLAY ACTION that is new to this game for their normal effect.  If a card in play is trashed, any pyramids on it are returned to their owners' respective stash.

Cards that have a pyramid on them are "in play" and cards on the table with no pyramids on them are not in play and have no game effect. Just like in Zark City, you must have sole control of a Power Block to win.  However, in Zark Fluxxity, a Power Block is a Goal and the Keeper requirements to meet that Goal.

The normal hand limit is six, like in Zark City, but a Hand Limit New Rule card can lower that.

What am I missing?

Besides 10 Cards in Hand, the First/Final Card Random and Play All, what cards just don't work with this? (Note: I haven't wrapped my brain around including Creepers, so let's just leave that for now.)

Topher