Re: [Icehouse] Pikeman

  • From"Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 16 Apr 2008 09:22:37 -0400
Acctually eeOr I though t it was you but wasn't certain. And it appears I had deleted the email instead of archiving it as i generally do with  stuff from the icehouse  list.

I would love to play with a group of vets but am not likely to make it to a con anytime too awfully soon.  So the video will hopefully fill in a few blanks in the meantime.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Avri Klemer <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I discovered at Noncon in March, the best way to learn to play Icehouse, is to play with veterans - thanks again, Marc and co!

Having watched the videos and read all the strategy / commentary helped me be prepared to play, however . . .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Icehouse Discussion List" <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Pikeman

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Carlton Noles wrote:

Did someone post something about a video of the icehouse
championship or an icehouse game being played? I seem to
recall something of that nature. (Perhaps I am delusional).

Yeah, that was me. Here's a playlist of the three finals of the
12th International Icehouse Tournament in 2001 -

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2C670CCF0F90DFE7

You can't really learn how to play from watching those, though.
The video is sped up to mee the ten minute limit, and the camera
is too far overhead to see many details.

I've tried a few times to make an instructional Icehouse video,
but it takes me at least 20 minutes just to cover all the rules.

At this summer's Origins I might try to convince some experienced
players to play a short game while I tape and blather commentary.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx