Re: [Icehouse] Pikeman

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 11 Apr 2008 13:27:15 -0400
On 4/11/08, Jason Spears <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > My next goal is to learn Volcano and Homeworlds so i can use those in class
> > as well.
>
> Homeworlds is tricky for first time players and they can easy freeze
> up with all the choices and not really having a direction. If I was
> teaching a new group, I *might* have them try a predator/prey variant,
> where they are trying to blow up the guy on their right and not get
> blown up by the guy on their right.

I remember when Andy was making videos every week and I had this
gnawing urge to make a "how to play (Binary) Homeworlds" video.  I
never did do it, but it still has been gnawing at me.  I've seen
people asking for it and I never get the time.  I was going to have my
nephew (whom I have taught to play) help out.  It was going to be
great!  If only I could get a solid weekend to work on it.

Also, Sinister Homeworlds (where you are attack to your left and
defending from your right) is a fantastic variant.  Personally, I like
it better than ye olde "good and evil" game.

--