[Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2009??

  • From"Jason Spears" <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 14 Aug 2008 15:25:12 -0400
All,

My thoughts are already turning to the Winter competition and how that
may be run. There was talk about having some restrictions. At this
time, I don't have a real preference, so I'd love to hear what others
think. I seem to recall that a few others firmly believe that
restrictions can drive creativity.

I do think we need to do more to help drive participation, not
necessarily for entries, but for judging. I wonder if there was more
time for people to play the games would that help? Could we offer a
prize to be given to a random person (non-designer) who provides
rankings and comments for 75% of the games? The prize could be some
more icehouse pyramids perhaps a rare color like pink if it is
available by then, or gray? We'd do well to try and tap the
PrintAndPlay community if we can find some good instructions for
making paper pyramids. That lot loves free games and seems to be
reasonably large.

If we ran any sort of contest on BGG, we could even give away GG,
which can drive participation.

Thoughts?

-Jason Spears