Re: [Icehouse] WW5 Questions and Variant

  • FromNick Lamicela <nupanick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 28 Jan 2009 00:57:39 -0500
Well, one of my friends asked if you could retreat into the space your opponent was attacking from, since that space is being vacated anyway. We agreed that the defender moves first and then the attacker takes its place. But it does seem like the attacker should claim the win first if there are multiple filled continents. So I'll call it a tie.

I'd like to suggest a tie breaker round, in which all pieces are removed except the ones of the players involved in the tie, and play continues until a clear winner emerges. Re-evaluate for winners after all aftermath of an attack is complete. I think it should be called the Cold War round, like a sudden death crossed with an arms race.
~nupanick (or other appropriate name)

Guvf VF zl jvggl fvtangher.