Re: [Icehouse] Number of players / Game popularity

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 20 Feb 2009 14:49:46 -0500
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Don Sheldon <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx> proved his genius yet again:
Do it like a chinese silent auction: the one who bids the most pays as
much as the second highest bid, all other stones are returned.

Never heard of that--cool. Weird (what stops someone from bidding $100,000,000 for a tea cosy, in such an auction?) but a definite solution.

It matters more in larger games, crossing your fingers for the next
seventeen million students to not get it before your turn comes back
is... tough.

Conceded. We have smaller games, typically (3 to 5), so this doesn't happen as often. Or we're playing Ikkozendo at the pub, which means EVERY turn is a guess.