Re: [Icehouse] Number of players / Game popularity

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 19 Feb 2009 12:54:39 -0500
Check out this page on the Icehouse wiki:
http://www.icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=What_Can_I_Play%3F#Number_of_Players

Follow each number to a category displaying games playable with that number of players. As for what games are popular with X players, I refer you to BoardGameGeek.com as well, as Mr. Klemer has done.

As for Icehouse the game (as opposed to the Icehouse system), I have heard from many accounts that it has a very firm sweet spot with four players. It is a very different game with 3 or 5.

--- Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: "David L. Willson" [DLWillson@xxxxxxxxxx]
Date: 02/19/2009 12:18 PM
To: icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Number of players / Game popularity

How well does Icehouse scale? I know it works with 2, 3, or 4, but what about more than that? Does it just keep getting better or does it degrade?

Which games are the most popular? My son and I enjoyed Martian Coasters, but Tic Tac Doh... uh... Well, I must be missing something, because it seems a bit limited. Zendo rules... no pun intended.

David L. Willson
Network Engineer
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS