Re: [Icehouse] Opinions solicited concerning the paradigm shift.

  • FromKristin <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 04 Mar 2009 18:29:28 -0500
--On March 4, 2009 Chris Goodwin <cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How well does Pink Treehouse sell compared to the old monochrome stashes?
Would "Red Treehouse", "Blue Treehouse", etc., packaged in boxes as
monochrome Treehouse sets, sell better than monochrome stashes?

I doubt it... the pink version works because of the breast cancer
tie-in, and since Magenta was one of the most requested new color of
pyramid from the long time pyramid fans, it gave us a chance to give
you guys one more color while making a product that could go into
gift stores that don't normally even carry games but sell pink stuff.

So far sales look promising, but I don't think there will be enough
demand to do other colors for other causes... certainly not enough
to bring all the monochrome stashes back in boxes.  Koplow Games
did something similar recently, with a set of Ribbon Dice, and although
they do sell Mr. Koplow himself was telling me at Toy Fair that he
still has not made enough on them to cover the tooling costs.

-Kristin