Re: [Icehouse] Zendo Puzzle

  • From"David L. Willson" <DLWillson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 12 Mar 2009 15:24:20 -0600 (MDT)
I'm not sure if {flat, upright, weird} can work with D&D players.  {up, left, right} might seem arbitrary to us, but it might be visually clearer to those unfamiliar with Zendo.  IIRC, this puzzle is for non-Zendo players.  Maybe if the weird-ness is consistent, it could work...  Like, laying on top of the flat piece.  But then, in the all-weird koan, the weird-ness would be different from the one-weird koans...  Hmm...  I think left, right is better for newbies.

Actually, one more idea, to try to save weird:  Lean the weird's tip to the top edge of the base of the flat.  Then, in the all-weird koan, you could "circle the wagons" and keep the same weird position, or very nearly the same position.

--David