Re: [Icehouse] Zendo Puzzle

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 12 Mar 2009 17:40:18 -0400
On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:31 PM, David L. Willson wrote:

IIRC, this puzzle is for non-Zendo players.

Actually, everyone who is in the game has played Zendo, I think.  I
know at least three of them have played extensively.

Oh, well then, this'll be a walk in the park. or, dungeon. whichever.

We'll see. The players don't get a second guess. They have to build both a yes koan and a no koan and press the button. If they are wrong, they have to defeat the chain golem that forms before they can try again (well, I guess they could keep trying in the middle of combat, hmm). I'm going with the equivalent of this: A koan has the Buddha nature if and only if for each of color, size, and orientation all of the three pieces are the same or each of the three are different (with the meta-rule that only three-piece koans are even valid).