Re: [Icehouse] Black Ice

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Mar 2009 11:51:21 -0400
At the risk of being radical, I am not a fan of charging for rules at all. Maybe (MAYBE) charge for rules on the order of complexity of, say, Gnostica (the rule book is pretty much required to play--unless you've got a sharp memory), but the "little" games--stuff that fits on one page? I dunno. I guess the issue is are they selling pyramids or IP (or both, now)? Playing with Pyramids works as a product because it's got a lot of content--it's a good reference to some top notch games. 3HOUSE, though? I just don't know.

In particular, given that I've requestted a 1HOUSE book for some time (even offering to do all the layout free) as a demo tool and a way to show folks that, no, it's NOT just Treehouse (which some folks actually think). I could see an improved 3HOUSE book which includes, oh, twenty or thirty 1-, 2-, and 3HOUSE games. But a pamphlet? Not for me, thanks. I'll play the other 212 games I can download and just live without Black Ice.