Re: [Icehouse] an interesting moment

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 29 Apr 2009 07:32:24 -0400
Timothy Hunt wrote:
Looking again at the SLICK list, it's not actually a database of
games, but links to where the rules are, or were, published.

SLICK was originally a database of tagged links. There was an
interface that enabled you to say "I have three stashes, some
dice, and a chessboard. What games can I play?" All the tagging
was done by hand, so maintenance was labor intensive.

When SLICK moved to icehousegames.com, support for the database
functions went away and it became a list.

For example, five of the first six games listed on SLICK are
broken links.  Four of those five are not in the wiki.  Three
of those four, I have in this folder.

If they were not transcribed when the wiki came online, and the
original author has not bothered to keep the rules available, I
don't know if it's worth your time transcribing them now.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx