Re: [Icehouse] Gnostica Questions

  • FromAaron Dalton <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 13 Oct 2009 04:23:13 -0600 (MDT)
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Mike Sugarbaker wrote:

1) [...] Can a 10-spot be turned into any royal, and any royal into any
arcana?

Yes.

So royals are all considered to be "11" for GROWing purposes, and Arcanas "12"? And there is no hierarchy between royals or Arcana? (Ie. I can't replace one royal with another or an Arcana with another Arcana?)

2) Is the tile pattern of the board significant in any way, or is it purely
aesthetic?

I've always found that packing the cards in any closer makes it harder
to read which pieces are where, but it's largely aesthetic.

Very well.

3) In the graphic at the top of the rules page (http://tinyurl.com/jql78),
there is a territory connected only diagonally.  Since pieces can't be
oriented diagonally, I assumed all diagonal connections were ignored.  Are
cells only diagonally connected to territories wasteland, or void?

There are indeed no diagonal connections; that territory is only
connected to wasteland spaces.

By definition, does that not make that territory in the void? My understanding is that any piece or territory that finds itself in the void is immediately removed.

Thanks for the help!

--
Aaron Dalton
http://perlkonig.com