Re: [Icehouse] Suggestions for future Icehouse Game Design Competitions

  • FromCarlton Noles <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Nov 2009 08:49:56 +0800
for completely personal and selfish reasons. I think the next one should either be unrestricted or both. I have a game (perhaps two games) that I have been waiting to enter into the unrestricted competition. I personally feel there are merits to both types. While the restricted does force some creativity to stand out. I don't think creativity is limited to restricted competitions. I have seen some pretty creative games in both competitions. Also creative doesn't necessarily mean fun. Many is the time I have sat down to play a very creative or witty game to just say 'meh' when I am done playing. The magic combo of especially fun AND interesting is not easy to come by.

Annually sounds fine to me Bu that would probably make me lean toward both types divided in to classes (open class and restricted class) with a 1st place for best in each class and perhaps a best over all. A longer judging period and sufficient nagging to judge and play would be necessary as well.

Just my conceited dogmatic opinion.  ;{D}

--
Carlton "Kermit" Noles

Work like no one's watching,
Dance like you've never been hurt