Re: [Icehouse] [Zendo] Another Spock Rule question

  • FromRoger Burton West <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 1 Aug 2011 16:18:37 +0100
On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 02:05:53PM +0100, Roger Burton West wrote:
>Gut instinct says that it's not valid. While colour is a property of the
>pyramid, colour name is a property constructed by the viewer, as is
>language in general.

(Seeing later comments)

It appears that the feeling of the list is "if the rule is isomorphic to
a known-legal rule, the rule is legal". Does that seem fair?

I'd allow the "assign letters (foo) to pyramids (bar) to make words from
list (baz)" version, but not the version as originally stated - even
though they're functionally the same.

(While still agreeing that it's a bad rule.)

Roger