Re: [Icehouse] [Zendo] Rule clarification [rule against external references]

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 01 Aug 2011 21:26:18 -0400
Buddha Buck <blaisepascal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>What about "akhtbni it contains at least one over-iced defender"?  How
>guessible would that be?

It's guessable, but a true Icehouse rule (while I've done it, when mastering for mostly Icehouse players) is really too complicated.  I mean:

I koan has the buddha nature iff it contains at least one upright, grounded piece that is directed pointed at by grounded flat peices of other colors that exceed its pip count and are no farther away from the piece than their own length.

Has at least two clauses too many.  If I wanted to run it as a serious rule (rather than a "funny once" for the right audience), I'd at the very least drop the groundedness reauirement, as well as the rules about attacker orientation and length.

"Bn iff it contains an upright piece that is pointed at directly by more points of pieces of other colors than its own pip count" is plausible, though to make it better hinted, I'd probably make it "if all upright pieces in it are.." as it -- avoids the haystack problem.