Re: [Icehouse] [Zendo] Another Spock Rule question

  • FromJeff Zeitlin <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 06 Aug 2011 12:42:47 -0400
On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 14:36:21 -0700 (PDT), ryanmcguire@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I tried playing a game of Zendo with Kurt Gödel as master.  His rule was "AKHTBN
>iff it looks exactly like a koan already on the table marked black."

See, I'd hold that to be an invalid rule, because in considering any
given koan, it references something outside the koan in space or time to
determine whether the given koan should be marked white or black (it
references another koan).  And yes, I *do* get the joke.

As far as the isomorphism rule, I would hold that any rule that can be
made valid (in the "don't refer to anything external" sense) only by
enumerating the set of koans valid under the rule is inherently a
violation of the "don't be a dick" rule.