Re: [Rabbits] NonCon

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 02 Mar 2006 13:18:54 -0500
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 06:36:39AM -0500, Mildred Cady wrote:
>    Jim Dunnaway has been asking the Con coordinator for info as to when
>    the various Looney events are happening, but no one has gotten back to
>    him.  The official con schedule as posted on the website has a couple
>    of events listed, but not all the stuff that Jim D. told me about. Can
>    someone from this end enlighten me?  I have an event that weekend that
>    I'm missing part of to make sure I can meet the Looneys and crew.

Hi Millie,

I want to supplement Kristin's response, since I'm not sure if it
answers everything you're asking here.  First of all, I'm very sorry if
you feel I haven't been responsive.  I've tried to reply to every
question Jim has asked me in a timely manner, and thought we were on the
same page.  It's possible something slipped through the cracks, however,
in which case I'm very sorry.  Please feel free to email me privately if
you have any specific conventions about the convention.

In addition to what Kristin mentioned (that we decided to remove some
events from the schedule at the last minute in case only Andy was able
to come), there is another gap you might be noticing.  The schedule of
demonstrations Jim sent me *is* in the print schedule.  However, for
reasons of horizontal space, it wasn't included in the program grid on
the center page of the program book, which was the only part of the
schedule to go to the website.  Looney Labs games will be demonstrated
all weekend, and they're in the program book to guide people toward
them.

If you're optimizing which parts of the event to come to, Saturday
afternoon/evening might be your best bet.  That'll have the most people,
whichever of the Looneys was able to make it not fried from having just
gotten out of a long car ride, and Andy vs. Everybody.  If you can make
it for Giant Circular Fluxx on Friday, that should be a riot, too,
though.

>    I want to know what I'll be around for (and if I should being the
>    stuffed animals I have down here...)

We probably won't know exactly when we'll be inserting events back into
the schedule until our Guests have arrived and had an opportunity to
discuss details with me in person.  I'd probably leave the stuffed
animals at home Friday and bring them Saturday...unless you think they'd
enjoy listening to a midnight reading of "The Eye of Argon".

Hope this helps, and I'll see you at the convention!

Marc Hartstein,
Tabletop Games Coordinator, No Such Convention VI
Demo Rabbit