Re: [Rabbits] NonCon

  • FromKristin Looney <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 02 Mar 2006 10:13:09 -0500
I can shed light on this...

We asked Marc to remove a couple of things from the official schedule - since we were not sure how many Looney's were going to make it to the event...

If you are on the Icehouse list, you know we are in the midst of a crazy quick development cycle and complete redesign of the Icehouse Game System... and we are launching Treehouse and a whole new marketing campaign for it at the GAMA trade show - which is in 2 weeks - the week AFTER NonCon.

Alison is building a giant cloth tree, which will hang from our skybox down into the exhibit hall at the GTS show, and we needed to leave open the idea that she might have to stay home from noncon to work on the tree. HOWEVER - cross your toes, it looks like enough progress will be made by Friday afternoon (tomorrow) that she is going to be able to come to the con afterall! That is the current plan anyway. Everything is cut and sewn, all her hoops and poles that will hold it up are calculated cut and tested, and she is at home right now vat dying the first sections in various shades of green and brown. Oh my goodness this tree is going to be AMAZING.

So... Andy will absolutely be at the show (getting in late Friday night), Alison will most likely be with him, and Kristin (me) will likely stay home to finish getting Sweetie (our new software system that is replacing SuperFRED) ready to meet with all the people we are going to be meeting with in our Treehouse at the GTS show in two weeks. Sorry Jim - I hope 2 out of 3 Looney's will be enough this time - trust me when I say that I would be there if I could be, but this whole Icehouse redesign has thrown an intense monkey wrench into my list of things I need to get done immediately.

I say bring your stuffed animals - Alison is looking forward to meeting them!

-Kristin (of the very very busy Looney variety)