[Rabbits] [Event] Shane's Origins Events by Shane Tilton

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Jul 2006 10:51:13 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Shane Tilton has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=shane

========
Title: Shane's Origins Events
Location: Origins
Date: June 28 to July 2, 2006

Origins was awesome. I started Wednesday by helping with the set up of the lab. Josh organized the MLBs that were there. We had the lab set up in no time. That night, I ran the "Giant Icetowers" demo in the main demo area at the bottom of the stairs. We had 12 players rotating in and out and another 40 to 50 people observing the gaming. Kristin demoed "Treehouse" to me and I got my pack of 25 "Pine Tree" promo cards.  Finally, I left the lab to demo "Treehouse" in the open areas of the con around midnight. I played "Treehouse" til 1 A.M.

Thursday was a wash as I had to go back home (about a hours away) to work at my retail job. I got back to Columbus around 10 P.M. to play in the "Gnostica" tournament. After the tourney ended. I demoed "Treehouse" 5 or 6 times. I also demoed "Icetowers" a couple times.

Friday was my day of play and exploration of the con. I played in most of the tourney in the lab (Chrono, Fluxx, EAC, Nano). I left the lab to play in a LARP. Before the LARP started, I did show off "Treehouse" to a few of the Living Arcanis players, who thought it was cool. I come back to the lab around 1 A.M. to find out their was a wedding in the lab. (Please, somebody do a report on that. I can't believe I missed that.)

Saturday was my demo rabbit day as I demoed Treehouse, Icetowers, Fluxx and Zendo. Also, I had a chance to demo Gnostica, which I never had a chance to do before. (My line of the con, Nathan Dilday: "I've got somebody who would like to try a new game and only has 30 minutes." Me: "Okay, how about Gnostica?") The game only lasted 25 minutes, we played quickly. Also, I ran the Giant Icetowers for the first hour or so and Amy LoCurto took over after that. Amy was awesome. I went back to the lab to demo Treehouse and gave away more Promo cards. I called it an early night at 11 P.M.

Sunday was great. I completed in the Nano finals and demoed a couple games of Nano after the tourney. The lab was cleaned up quickly. I found my headset and sunglass in the lab after searching two days for them. The pizza party was great.

I gave away 22 promos during the con and misplaced 70 items. Thanks for a great Origins. I'll be back next year.