Re: [Rabbits] Re: Please help me find a glass ball for Christmas!

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 3 Dec 2006 20:44:29 -0500
These cool glass orbs (actually, they're usually acrylic) are known as contact juggling balls. You can get them from any decent juggling supplier, as well as books and videos on how to use them. The book I learned from (I am not the mystery rabbit, as I've never been to origins) is "Contact Juggling" by James Ernest. Yes, that's right, the James Ernest of Cheapass Games fame. He was a juggler before he became a game designer. There are also some videos, which I've never watched, but I've heard good things about Contact Juggling parts 1 and 2 by Greg Maldonado.

Here are some good suppliers of juggling equipment. Look in the balls or acrylic balls section for contact juggling balls, and in the books and videos section for instructional materials:
toddsmith.com
dube.com
seriousjuggling.com