Re: [Rabbits] Re: Please help me find a glass ball for Christmas!

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Dec 2006 13:39:30 -0500
The 2.5-3 inch range is the normal range of sizes. 4 inches is huge, so probably wouldn't be very good. For a 13 year old, 2.5 might be good, as they'll have smaller hands. 2.5 is also good if you want to do the multi-ball manipulations (where you have 3 balls in one hand and spin them around in circles or over each other). I prefer the 3 inch size for the single ball rolling techniques, since a bigger ball moves a little slower, and I like the extra weight.

Also, for a beginner, I would recommend getting them a stage ball for practice. A stage ball is hollow, lighter, and slightly flexible. It's not nearly as nice for contact juggling, and doesn't look as good, but when you drop it, it won't smash stuff. This is important for a beginner; contact juggling balls can go flying when you screw up, and anything breakable in the room will be in danger, not to mention putting dents in walls, and scratching your pretty acrylic ball. I have lost a hard drive due to my laptop being in range of a stray contact juggling ball.