[Rabbits] Re: Rabbit Only Items in Dangling Carrot

  • Frommadlab.rabbit.krishaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DateSat, 27 Jan 2007 07:39:47 +0900
This one time, at band camp, "Carol Townsend" <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Veteran Rabbits - what do you think?
> * Newbie Rabbits - what are you looking for?
> * Blab Rabbits - how will this affect you?
> * Demo Rabbits - what will spur on you to do more demos or find more venues
> to teach LL games?

I'm a Newbie Rabbit, a Demo Rabbit and someone for whom the dollars side
of this doesn't present any issues, so that's my perspective.

As far as observations go, I too have noticed the "needing at least one
point" issue, such that for the last order I did, I deliberately held
back one or two points in case I wanted to do a Rabbits-only purchase
before my next demo event.

My Newbie status comes out here: I haven't yet purchased all the
standard, publicly available stuff I want, so my Dangling Carrot
purchases have been limited to... (*checks*) a Mini Tirade pin.

I'm currently unsure if points are too hard to obtain.  I did a batch of
on-line promotion that scored me about as many points as a single good
demo.  My time is limited enough such that demos just at the LFGS are
fairly unlikely and I'm not sure if there are many local events that are
at least vaguely gamey.  It could be that my last opportunity to get
some points this year will be Easter.

Given that Looney Labs is a small company and points are like giving
away dollars, I think the balance is probably about right.  As for that
last question about the spurring thing; My interest in demoing has been
spurring me to participate in local events, rather than the other way
around.  In that respect, a healthy local gaming community is probably
the biggest driver of demoing.

Yours, Chris (Krisjohn) Johnson.