RE: [Rabbits] Rabbit Wiki and Icehouse Wiki

  • DateThu, 12 Jul 2007 10:14:28 -0700
For what it's worth, I like the idea of Looney-published Icehouse/Treehouse rules being copied to the Rabbits wiki, for convenience, with any other games associated via links as necessary (for instance, on a "Great Demo Pyramid Games" page). The published LL games are, generally, not undergoing further revisions and so the synch issue is mitigated; and if other (card) games have rules there then, surely, the *best* games should!
;-)

All that said, sure, just linking would work too: it's just one extra click (so not all THAT inconvenient), and the content remains single-sourced (which is sort of the whole point of hyperlinking in the first place).

---
I agree that all Rabbits should do pyramids. Not having many of the card games, though, I ain't ready to dig in hard on THAT battle. Demoing, ultimately, requires passion, and that can't be faked just to fill out the product line-up (and is that not, after all, why we Rabbits coordinate on events: to provide full and passionate coverage?)
:-)

[Speaking of which: who wants to cover card games at Trinoc*coN in Raleigh, first weekend in August?]

---
As for the whitelist spam blocker: if you've been watching the Icehouse wiki lately, it is becoming a SERIOUS pain to keep rolling back vandal bots spamming ring tone web sites. The handful of convention, business partner, and related game sites we need to associate is not so many that it will be unmanageable (hopefully). It will just take a bit of time... FAR less than the net amount of time that we will waste in the long run due to constantly cleaning up after those scumbags.

In the mean time, if you have to break a link (remove the http://) then just add a Category tot he page when you break the link (I propose "Category:BrokeLink") and, later, you can go to that Category page and fix links for whitelisted URLs. It's a process....

HTH;
David