Re: [Rabbits] Rabbit Wiki and Icehouse Wiki

  • From"Rev. Bob" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 12 Jul 2007 18:44:24 +0100
"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/12/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > 2) It's the *Rabbits* wiki, and many Rabbits have nothing to do
> > with pyramids.
>
> Indeed.  But then it seems somewhat inconsistent to link "Icehouse"
> off the wiki, but to link "Fluxx" within.  Perhaps a compromise
> would be for any game that's been published by LL in some way to be
> on the Rabbits wiki (as Rabbits are reasonably likely to demo games
> Published by LL), and appropriate cross linking done.

Seems to me that the logical step would be along the lines of a
glossary-style games catalog, with the pyramid games cross-referenced to
the Icehouse Wiki (as the fullest data source on that big data chunk)
and the other games cross-referenced to their LL pages.  That way, you
get as close as possible to a meeting between single-sourcing and ease
of reference, while keeping the scope of each domain distinct.  The
Rabbit Wiki is concerned with being a Rabbit, the Icehouse Wiki is
concerned with details on pyramid games, and LL naturally wants product
pages on all the LL games.

> As for Rabbits having nothing to do with pyramids, well, in my
> opinion, they should - even if it's just Treehouse and Martian
> Coasters, seeing as they are the current Pyramid games that LL sell.
> But that's another discussion.

I disagree, but again, that's another discussion.

--
Robert Hood - Hixson, TN
SJG MIB #8595 - Looney Labs Rabbit - Atlas Games Mook