RE: [Rabbits] Rabbit Wiki and Icehouse Wiki

  • DateThu, 12 Jul 2007 10:25:02 -0700
Excellent point about the focus of Rabbits versus the focus of Icehouse gamers and designers. I concur (for what that's worth).

Thus, I amend my preference: a pyramid game page should be organized as follows:

- Title of game: should be identical to the IHG.org wiki name, for searching ease and consistency.

- Immediate link to game rules on IHG.org, but NOT a redirect page: keeps the rules single-sourced while preserving Rabbit-specific page on Rabbit wiki.

- Promotion, setup, and demoing advice: some of this might be "universal" to many or all games, so that information could be handled with just a link to a page of "general demoing advice" or whatever.

- Links to "advisor" User Talk pages: Rabbits with significant experience could list themselves here, so that if someone wants to ask for some advice, they can just click to be sent to the User Talk page (which automatically informs users of edits, when they are logged in, so the request hopefully will be spotted quickly).

- Miscellany: I have no idea what I'm forgetting, but the point is that RULES stay on the rules (IHG.org) wiki, RABBIT stuff stays on the Rabbit wiki, and links handle the rest.

HTH;
David