Re: [Rabbits] Pink Treehouse/Monty Python Fluxx?

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 19 May 2008 20:30:56 -0400
personally, I don't even like those autism ribbons, but that's a whole nother story.... LOL.

Did I miss the Pink Answer- are they solid or transparent?

http://www.craftsnscraps.com/jewelry/ribbons.html WOW, I found this ribbon list. I knew of a handful of awareness ribbons, but didn't know there were this many.

--Kimberly

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Jennifer Waddington <very_evil_kitten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am aware that that's the ribbon Carol meant - but the design and its symbolism is a controversial issue in the autism community (and by that, I mean autistic people, as opposed to the board members of the various charities). Carol referred to it in all innocence as a recognised symbol, but it is offensive to an awful lot of people. I'm skating over the arguments here because they get very involved, even from people who are not terribly articulate - but will be glad to discuss it further at Origins.

Jennifer

> From: tophu@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Rabbits] Pink Treehouse/Monty Python Fluxx?
> Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 07:23:30 -0400
> To: rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On May 19, 2008, at 2:51 AM, Jennifer Waddington wrote:
>
> > Most autistic people don't tend to like being referred to as puzzle
> > pieces but don't mind any confusion between rainbow=gay pride and
> > rainbow=neurodiversity, so the nice interlocking triangles will do
> > fine thank you very much!
>
> I'm quite sure Carol wasn't calling people with autism "puzzle
> pieces" but was instead referring to the Autism Awareness Ribbon:

Get fish-slapping on Messenger! Play Now