Re: [Rabbits] Proposing a new set of "phases" to AYaWW…

  • FromSteven Hoffman <divreon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 21 May 2008 14:04:30 -0700 (PDT)
Can't wait for the games this year, ran 2 overnight 12+ hour sessions of werewolf at UBCon this year, didn't get to play much, and the few detectives were squelched by the self-proclaimed "Mob" who had a majority and controlled the game... at least until only they were left, then they died horribly at the hands of  the wolves amongst them. Ah I love justice.

Can't wait for more silent games, and games with a majority of detectives.

-Steve Hoffman

Big Gay Fag <pup3000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And the one game that I did play I was mauled striaght away for being
the only person who knows Ray's tell... =(

Jared

On 5/20/08, Katarina Whimsy wrote:
> I think this is a big part of what started the games of Silent Werewolf at
> Origins last year. There were a whole group of us who tended to be more
> serious players, and the handicap of not being able to speak made it less
> likely for people to act on impulse --you weren't going to get involved with
> the game if you weren't going to treat it seriously.
>
> ~Sor/Kat
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Michael Kelley wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Nimrod Jones
> wrote:
> >

> > > That sounds like how we always play it and almost every group I've ever
> run for. At some conventions it's not unheard of to lynch someone just for
> attempting to use logic. Sure, after a rowdy game or two people sometimes
> settle down into trying to "deduce", but not as often as impulse mob-rule
> knee-jerk lynchings.
> >

> > Played my first convention-sized game of Werewolf at GenCon last summer,
> and so of course I got lynched in the first round under wacky circumstances.
> Typically, at the end of the first night spiel the moderator mock-dies from
> horrible Werewolf attack, thus kicking off the first round of lynching. The
> mod of this game thought it'd be funnier to say: "You awaken to discover
> that your turnip patch has been ravaged in the night. It must be the work
> of.... VEGETARIAN WEREWOLVES!!"
> >
> > Everyone cracks up but my friend Bill is quicker on the draw and shouts
> (from across the circle): "Hey, Mike's a vegetarian. Get 'im!"
> > Me: "What? Wait! But--"
> > [nine hands shoot up]
> > Moderator: "LYNCHED!"
> > Me: "Arrrgh!"
> > [I was a villager, of course.]
> >
> > The rest of the games were much more strategic, though. Playing AYaWW with
> Andy L & an ever-shifting crowd of about 40 people was one of my highlights
> of the con that year.
> >
> > -- Mike Wheatberry

Jared