Re: [Rabbits] How opaque are the volcano boards?

  • FromJeff Zeitlin <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 23 May 2008 19:49:38 -0400
On Fri, 23 May 2008 18:02:31 -0500, "Jessica Jackson"
<o0ojessio0o@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just had an idea for a really sweet thing to do. You know the game
>Volcano? Also how most of the Icehouse pyramids are clear? It would be
>really cool to make a volcano game board out of a translucent plastic
>and stick LED's under it to illuminate the pyramids. I know it's a
>long shot, but is the white part of the plastic volcano boards you can
>buy let any light through? I know some white plastic is more
>translucent than opaque. I'd probably have to make it all from
>scratch, but it'd be real nice if I could just assemble some kind of
>light box under the board instead of making the board from scratch.

Thank you for the idea.  I have a multimode game board as part of my
Icebox (see http://freetrav.livejournal.com/30284.html); the basic board
is transparent with black margins, and you've just given me the idea of
putting a "light box" under it.

Currently, as you can see, I use printed "masks" (or templates) under
it; with a properly-done light box underneath the plastic board, I could
use colored lights to delimit the boards for specific games.

If I manage to put this together, I *promise* I will take pictures!