[Rabbits] Care and feeding of chessboard bandanas

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 16 Jul 2009 20:37:03 -0400
I bought a tie-died chessboard bandana at Origins.  I like it a lot --
it's a very compact and worry-free way of transporting a board.

But, I have some question of how to care for it.  It puffs up a bit
around its original creases, and I'd like to iron it.  However, it has
excess black paint on several squares, adding some subtle texture like
a Van Gogh painting (well, Van Gogh was not that subtle with his
textures).  I wonder if the paint would stick to the iron.

I guess I have 3 questions:

1.  What should do about the black paint ridges?  Scrape them off with
a knife, or dab them with some kind of paint remover, or ignore them,
or what?

2.  How shall I wash and dry the bandana when it finally needs it --
hand wash, or does the paint and coloring hold up well to machine
washing?

3.  How should I iron it to make it lie flat?  Is there any concern
about the paint coming off?

Thanks!
Bryan

PS. My mail program wants me to spell it "bandanna".  Checking at
sites like dictionary.com, it looks like that is the original
spelling, but the one with only 2 n's is also listed.