Re: [Rabbits] Pyramid Storage

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Nov 2010 12:33:07 -0500
I don't know why I never thought of this before, and I don't recall
seeing it on the list anywhere. I've just come up with a great portable
storage system for exactly enough pyramids to play Volcano (and thus
most games).

Once upon a time, optical storage media were ubiquitous for audio, and
cases for portably storing about a dozen CDs were quite popular. Now
carrying around optical storage is much less of a thing, and I have some
of these cases kicking around. I'd been thinking about trying to offload
them on somebody who might have more use for them than I, but never
succeeded.

Anyway, it turns out that the interior dimensions of the on-brand small
storage case are 1.5"x5"x6". A stack of 5 nests of pyramids measures
1"x1"x6.25". Conveniently, the zipper offers a bit of extra play. Thus,
5-house + caps fits quite snugly in two dimensions, and a chessboard
bandanna fills the remaining space to make a nice, fairly sturdy,
no-frills carrying container.

It won't fit a whole collection of everything you could ever want, but
for a quick carry around to have enough to play some games package
without having to do my own construction or buy something new for the
purpose, it seems pretty good.

The zig-zag packing method also fits, of course, although there's a bit
more jiggle. It would probably allow me to squeeze some dice in there
too, though.