Re: [Rabbits] Pyramid Storage

  • FromS Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 11 Nov 2010 00:48:38 -0500
I've got two bags I use, depending on what I'm doing.

I've got stuff in a fairly thin zipper-style laptop case.  All tubes
of pyramids are lined up on the left side of the case, with an
assortment of card games and miscellany on the right side.  It has a
nice shoulder strap, and a couple nice little pockets for things like
rules and pencils and stuff.

I have a smaller bag, which is the little personal-belongings-size bag
which came in a luggage set, which carries a small assortment of some
pyramids, and some card games.  This is a little smaller than the
official Looney Purple Bag, and I think it's more rugged because it's
designed as luggage.  Also it has a couple pockets inside as well, to
tuck things like dice.

I think Sam is right in thinking the key to pyramid-specific storage
is compression, which neither of these solutions has on it's own.  The
tubes fFit perfectly in the laptop case with an excellent fFit and
compression, but it does require the tubes.  (I don't think, fFor
example, one of the classic "IceTowers" boxes would fFit in my bag)
The smaller bag holds a variety of pyramids in "pink treehouse" boxes.
 These are semi-sorted, which gives me a nice middle ground between
sorting pyramids at setup or a put-away time.

What I sometimes imagine is a custom made box just fFor a volcano
setup, with some fFoam in the lid to hold pre-assembled nests in
place.  Probably with a slot along the side to hold some dice and
caps.  Something in maybe a cardboard box, or some sort of plastic,
I'm not sure what is best.

I guess what I'm saying is: I can't wait to see what the next big
packaging thing is from the Looneys.  =)

Cheers!
--Scott

--
A pizza with the radius 'z' and thickness 'a'
has the volume pi*z*z*a.