Re: [Rabbits] Pyramid Storage

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Nov 2010 13:17:53 -0500
Excerpts from Kyle Turner's message of Wed Nov 10 12:47:32 -0500 2010:
> It's a good idea, though you'd definitely need one from which you can
> easily remove the pages/sleeves. You could go with one of the much
> bigger
> ones<http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-BNW-24-Polyester-Capacity/dp/B000JJSQ30/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_c>to
> fit a volcano board, though they're much wider (deeper?) than the low
> count ones, so you'd probably need foam or somesuch as filler.

It's an older Case Logic. I don't know if it was sold as a 24-ct (it
contained 12 double-sided sleeves which seem designed to hold a CD on
one side and a case insert on the back. The sleeves pop out really
easily, as they're held in place by a pair of sheets of plastic tucked
into pockets in the case front and back. I may use those pockets in the
future.

Mine measures a bit smaller than the listed dimensions for the one you
linked to; they may have changed it. External is about 6.25x6.5 rather
than 6.6x8.2. The bandanna fills in the bit of extra spine width really
nicely.

As for Sam's question, I don't know the dimensions of a volcano board,
but they must be bigger than 5.25" (5 1" bases plus the padding and edge
I'm pretty sure adds up), so wouldn't quite fit. I suspect the Starship
Captain's 3x4 storage board would make it, though. I have an off-brand
one which measures 6" x 6.25" inside, which might make it (how big *is*
a Volcano board?), although removing the base for the sleeves will
require actual disassembly. I'd say it's definitely worth checking if
you think you might have something appropriate lying around, or seeing
if a local thrift store has them.