Re: [Rabbits] Pyramid Storage

  • FromSam Zitin <sammyz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Nov 2010 17:06:19 -0500

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Tim Seiger <ts52@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have two conflicting desires when it comes to Icehouse storage, and I suspect I'm not alone. Most of my game playing happens oven lunch, so I want to be able to quickly get out the pieces I need to play a game, but I also want to be able to quickly put them away again when I'm done. A simple drawstring bag makes putting away pretty easy, but sorting through to find the pieces you need, while fun, takes too time. Storing the pieces in tubes makes getting out the pieces you need quick and easy, but then they have to me sorted and stacked to put them away.

I guess I need to make another bag. Something like the small parts organizer, but softer, that closes better, and takes up a bit less space.

Anyone have any other ideas?

-Tim

All this Pyramid storage discussion has given me a few epiphanies over the course of the day.  I serendipitously happened to be at Staples today which has a plethora of decent options.  It occurred to me that the right solution for keeping untubed pyramids stacked and free from shuffling around would just be adequate pressure.  One thing I saw that looked like it could be used for this purpose was a neoprene Ipad case.  It definitely looked tight enough that you could shove several stacked but untubed stashes of pyramids and zip it up and they would probably hold up in place pretty well.  Definitely didn't look like there would be enough room for them to come unstacked.

Another product that I saw recently that might fit the bill was this Skooba designs wrap product http://www.skoobadesign.com/product/skoobawrap-large-86/ .  However, I was thinking that the same thing might simply be achieved by some judicious use of a chessboard bandana and a hard backing (like a volcano board for instance!).  I'm going to try tonight to flip a volcano board over and lay stashes on the flat side then wrap the whole thing up in a bundle with the bandana.  If done tight enough this might make a nice little totable package that would not only keep everything nested and easily accessible but also prevent the pieces from rubbing too badly.  I'm thinking that a foam backing for the bottom of the volcano board might help, and if it works well enough you could add velcro tabs to the bandana to hold the whole thing in place.  Or you could use the actual skooba product which looks like it would hold pretty well.

A third option that I found was a "Padded Collection Case" from a company called Countycomm.  It's typically used for toting knives, flashlights, ammo clips or even pistols and other similarly unhippy things, which kind me makes me love the idea of converting one to toting around stacks of brightly colored plastic pyramids.  http://www.countycomm.com/collector.htm  In any case, those little slots might not exactly fit the stacks of pyramids, but if they did, this might be a perfect type solution, you could probably hold 10 stashes and a volcano board easily and comfortably.  Biggest problem is that it's a liiiiitle too expensive to order just hoping that the stuff will fit.

This organizer from the same company wouldn't be able to hold a volcano board but very well might be able to snuggle up 5 stashes and a bandana http://www.countycomm.com/POCKETORGANIZER.htm

Also from the same company, realizing that compression is probably the answer to stop shifting, this tool roll seems like it has potential http://www.countycomm.com/ROLL.htm