Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] [Something RabbitCraft] Placemat Purse

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 31 Oct 2006 03:43:32 -0600
Sponge shapes + Fabric paint...

I finally got around to this experiment tonight... and alas it did not
work out so well. Aside from me just flubbing the placement of the
shapes, the holes in the sponges left the shapes with very uneven
coatings (pressing the sponges down helped a little though).

In my opinion, the foam stamps gave a better result (and I could make
triangle shapes for the stamps at least...)

I am inclined to try foam brushes for this task though (they're having
a sale on them at a craft store this week, 15 for $1). The holes may
be fine enough to avoid the problems I had with this run...

At least with this bag I can see if the paint will hold up to bending
and such... (and it may end up being a decent way to store my cosmic
coasters... even though I used stars for control points instead of
triangles)...

That's enough ranting...

-Evan

On 10/30/06, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Evan wrote:
> Here's a pattern that could be used for the "napkin bag" idea.
>
> http://henriettashandbags.com/free_placemat_purse_pattern.html
>
> It's simple, but I figured having an illustration would help anyways...
> Speaking of that, I should draw up the trapezoid bag idea I had...

Since it's not your page, I'm comfortable saying I think those
illustrations are awful. =^>

In the first one, is that the folded or unfolded placemat?

In the second, is the fold the top or bottom edge ?

In the third, what in the world is that thing?

I can figure out what's going on, but only because I've done a
bunch of similar things.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx