Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] A Christmas Request

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 15 Dec 2006 10:13:52 -0500
*After checking to make sure I'm on the something list*

I  have been vegetarian for  about 20 years and for about 10 of those years I was vegan so I have a ton of good vegan cookbooks and recipes my friends and I worked up.  Some were from when we bandied about the idea of opening a cafe and some blatantly stolen from various cookbooks or trying to make vegan adaptations of omnivore dishes we liked.  The vegan cupcake book is called Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and it has some crazy interesting recipes in it. The person who wrote that book (and others before it) has a website: http://www.theppk.com/  and  I believe has a vegan cooking show on public access television somewhere in NY.  Everyone needs to go to her website, go into the forums, and look at the forum entitled "Food Porn."  It is not what you think... it is photos of baked goods and dishes that are vegan but not necessarily diet.  Talk about something to inspire a cook to go into the kitchen and create something yummy!

                  -Ryan