Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] RE: Home at Last

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 27 Feb 2007 14:42:55 +0000
Kimberly T. wrote:
> > Those aren't bagels.
> What do I know. I'm not Jewish or from New York. I'm just an Ohian.

Sorry, that response is reflexive.

In other handy tips, that entire line is somewhat redundant. I'll
provide a translation:

   What do I know from bagels? A New Yorker I'm not!

As to the Ohio part, New Yorkers don't care where you're from if
you're not from New York.

Bagels aren't really a Jewish thing. They're an Eastern European
immigrant thing. Jews are just better known for tending to not give
up their immigrant ways.

> If it says bagel on the sign, I believe them.

Don't believe everything you read. Think of it this way: outside
of Ohio you'll find chili on the menu at many restaurants, but
only a few will serve it over pasta to make you feel at home.

> I don't even know what Lox is.

It's thinly sliced, smoked, cured salmon. The same food is eaten
under essentially the same name all over Northern Europe.

The smoky & soft lox, the creamy cheese, the crunchy sharp onion,
the chewy bagel... it's all about the combination of tastes and
textures. Mmmm.

> And I don't much care for coffee.

Coffee doesn't like you, either! I think you're nice, though. =^>

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx