Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Another question for the RabBrits...

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Jul 2007 08:05:56 -0400
Yes.  This is what pays for the BBC.  Given the high quality of the
stuff that comes out of the BBC, I really didn't have any problem
paying for it.  Not just that, but TV reception (broadcast) is
generally *excellent* in the UK.  It was one of the things that really
frustrated me when I came to America - here's this country that's the
richest the world has ever seen, technologically brilliant, and I
can't get a decent TV signal in a major metropolitan area.

The $275 license works out at about $23/month, which is significantly
less than amount I'm paying for basic cable in St Louis in order to
have a decent signal to be able to watch.

Timothy