Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

RE: [Something] Another question for the RabBrits...

  • From"Atwood, Robert C" <r.atwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Jul 2007 16:41:02 +0100
 BBC America is not the BBC, as far as I know it is not funded by our TV
license fees. (I should hope not!)

http://www.bbcamerica.com/faq.jsp agrees that this is the rationale.

The BBC is apparently 'not allowed to make a profit', whatever that
means,  however I understand it wholly owns BBC Worldwide , which does
make a profit selling DVD's of Black Adder etc. to you lot.