Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] questions about Eco Fluxx

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 31 Jul 2006 11:20:02 -0500
You win as soon as the winning conditions are met.  Bam.  Done.

So, like in your example, you've got Play All as the rule, and you've
got a fistful of goals - one of which would make someone (perhaps
yourself) win - then as soon as the goal hits the table, the win
happens and the game is over.

It's like the cards have no memory or idea what's going on.  They're
strickly "live for the moment" sorts, and they really only "care
about" what they oversee.

By this, I mean that goal cards only care that the keepers to meet
that goal are on the table.  The "Play X" cards only care about "have
you played X cards this turn?"

But the goal card does say "The Player with  Q and R on the table
wins."  And once a win happens, then you're done for that game.

Does this make sense?  :)  It's much harder to explain things by email
than face-to-face...if for no other reason than if I could see your
face going "Huh???" I could take a different track if needed.

btw - check out the cool promo cards for Eco.  Earth, and a whole
bunch of new Trees (and the Forest).

Carol