Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

RE: [Edu] It's official

  • From"Kate Jones" <kate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Apr 2007 01:14:14 -0400
Hi, Kristin,

Yes, thank you, I did get the Treehouse set. Very cool. And as I mentioned
in the same post, Looney games are enlightened. They should be used in every
classroom.

I was only warning against some of the more popular mainstream games. In
fact, even some of our own earlier games are a little too aggressive for my
current conceptual calibration, and I'm moving towards developing even less
hostile games for Kadon.

No, I don't believe we ever connected with David. I just took a look at
Peaceful Resistance, and while it has no capturing, the goal is still to
impede and block. I'm really tired of that theme, even in our own products.

What would be more palatable is if each player made moves that would enable
all players to succeed. I build a bridge for you, and you build one for me.
The game doesn't end until everyone has succeeded.

I don't want to see people win by making others fail. I can accept winning
through making the best moves within the environment of the gameboard. I
want to see people compete against their own best skill, not to undermine
the others. I want to remove malevolence as the prime operating directive in
games. The current world situation is making it desperately urgent to come
up with a new paradigm for humanity.

Love, -- Kate