Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Curriculum and Cooperative games

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 5 Apr 2007 12:15:47 -0400
On 4/5/07, Kimberly Terrill <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Females, in general, often prefer word games...like Boggle or Scrabble...
from my experiennce anyway.. though there are girls that like Chess and
other such games. Usually girls don't enjoy strategy games as much. I would
think girls would enjoy a role playing game.. (a game with social
interaction)..just my throughts...
(NanoFictionary would be a good idea, I bet,  or maybe Chrononauts)

Everyone loves Zendo.  I've introduced it to people from 9 to 90
(literally!), boys, girls, men, women, they all enjoy it.

I'm also glad to see so many more girls/women in roleplaying.  I
storytell a game of Exalted for my 12 year old niece, my wife, and a
female friend of ours.  She (the niece) has yet to pick up all the
numbers and mechanical bits but we (and the game system) are quite
forgiving on that end.

--