Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Webpage orginization

  • FromKristin Looney <edu-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 06 Sep 2007 06:44:46 -0400
--On September 6, 2007  Scott Sulzer <ssulzer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was wondering about adding a layer to the Lesson Plans web page which
would allow them to be sorted by the type of topic they were covering,
such as Science, Math, Foreign Languages, History, English, etc…  I
know that there are not yet many lesson plans, that some plans may cover
several areas, or be in less specific topics, but doing so at an early
stage will make it easier to keep organized later.  Also, one which
covers grade levels might be appropriate, and make later searches easier.
Right now there are only six lesson plans, but how many more may develop
over time?  And how many could easily be developed with existing games?
(Nanofictionary in a creative writing class or at least for a creative
writing assignment, other language Fluxx games, Early American
Chrononauts, as well as many of the Icehouse games)

Hi Scott -

Thanks for the ideas, they are very good...  unfortunately none of this
will happen soon, as we very unfortunately don't have anyone on staff
that is spending any time on these web pages - even the very minimal
5 hours a week that Carol used to spend on them - which got us the
monthly EDU updates we had for a while on the site.

At some point (before too long) I hope to spend some time building
a place on the new Rabbit Wiki where these lesson plans can live, with
organization like you suggest, so then our community of Teacher Rabbits
can help build lesson plans without having to go through someone who
has access to build pages on our web site...

... of course anyone on this list is welcome to get that project started
on the wiki - but since school just started last week, and everyone on
this list is teachers - we all know that isn't going to happen soon!  :)

Whenever the EDU section of the wiki gets started, this list will be
notified - and we can incorporate your organizational suggestions.

Thanks everyone for teaching with our games - good luck in your new classrooms!

-Kristin (of the Looney variety)