Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Webpage orginization

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Sep 2007 08:47:22 -0400
Well that makes me feel a little better at least.  Any place online that has a decent tutorial with some screenshots and the like?  I know when I started a Wordpress blog to document the development of my gaming class I was able to find a Wordpress tutorial.  Anything like that for wikis?

                              -Ryan

On 9/6/07, Don Sheldon <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/6/07, miyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be neat to have a section on the wiki for educators however, even
> though I would love to help out and contribute the whole "wiki" construction
> is so beyond my meager computer skills.  So my apologies in advance for my
> lack of content.

Wiki making should not be of any concern for two big reasons:

1 - It's "code" is designed to be very natural.  It's not like making
a webpage where a paragraph break is some special set of characters.
You can just type in what you want and it comes out reasonably close.

2 - Other people will tweak it.

Combining those two means that if you have content you can easily put
it up (really, it's easy, I swear.  If you can write email, you can
edit a wiki) and then someone else can come through and add the gizmos
and widgets.  In the end, you have a product that neither one of you
could have made alone.

So get get an account and just write!  Others will "wikify" it for you later.

--