Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Aquarius rules for 3 year olds

  • FromKimberly Terrill <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 10 May 2009 10:22:13 -0700
as far as pitching-- at cons is an obvious choice, of course.   Also,  maybe  demo rabbits can show it at game/hobby stores. Maybe some of the Rabbits can do a "Looney Lab w/ 3-6 yr old" game demostration at their Local Game Store and show all the games that are easy to alter for younger kids.

I know I often hear from parents of toddlers (at gaming Stores); "I can't wait till my kid is old enough to play games here with me." well, their kids are usually old enough- at least for games altered for their age.

I did a weekly Homeschool Kids Game Day at my local gaming store in Ohio and used all L.L. games. it was a 2 hour thing. the first hour I taught them different looney lab games.  the 2nd hour they played whatever games they brought from home.during the 1st hour,  I taught the Toddler/Preschool Variants to the toddler/preschoolers along with the parent that brought them;  so they played the 3-6yr old variants while I played with the school age kids. (my boys would lead the games with the school age kids until I was done teaching thee preschool rules)

I taught my preschool variant Pyramid Game to a couple of the 3-4 y old at our church.  It was great to watch the kids playing just fine while  the parents kept trying to tell the kid what to do. They finally sat back and just watched how well their 3-4 yr old grasped the game concepts.

(I stil have not gotten that game on thhe icehouse wiki. i need to do that.)

-Kimberly