Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Aquarius rules for 3 year olds

  • FromKimberly Terrill <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 8 May 2009 19:54:50 -0700

I do pretty much what Lydia does. And I have played with 3 yr olds. 3 yr olds are often much more capable  than we realize.  for a 4 or 5 yr old, sometimes they keep their goal card in their hand, so it's a suprise to the others. Some want to do more in a row. I have never done less than 5 and the kids I play with have all been fine. At this age, you just give a go and adjust rules as needed for the child.

I also made a fun little game with the pyramids for 3 & 4 yr olds.  Little kids are very smart when we sit back, let them think for themselves, and stop trying to play for them because we think they won't get it. Often they want to make up their own rules. and that is GREAT and I always encourage that.

--Kimberly

Homeschool Teacher Rabbit