Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Deck Size Question

  • From"S Mattison" <s.mattison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 14 May 2006 11:10:12 -0700
What an intriguing idea!
Of course, you would need the disclaimer written on the card somewhere
that says 'When 'Rules Reset' or other New-Rule-Discarding cards are
played, they do not affect this card, as it replaces the 'Basic Rules'
for all intended purposes.'
I've even seen card ideas that are simply new rules that replace more
than one card as they have Draw AND Play written on them. Blanxx of
course.

These are the types of cards that I'll have to think about when
creating my flash game. =) (I already have the XML in place to handle
such cards, but I wouldn't have thought to discard the Basic Rules as
an actual playing card.) I'll make sure it has a black back when it's
re-shuffled into the deck. ;)
Of course, it'll only be one deck of many to choose from. I'll credit
you with the idea. If you'd like to contribute more New Rules in this
vein, feel free to email me directly with lists. =D
-Steve