Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Blank Deck

  • FromMichael Shanley <postgoop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 15 May 2006 18:34:23 -0400

I've never been happy with FB... 90% of the Fluxx mods I've seen over
the years have been keepers and associated goals... by only selling a
pre-set mix of blanxx, you almost guarantee that people with end up with
a stack of left-over Rules and Actions and a need for more FB to make
the rest of the K/G sets they want.
Couldn't this be because they package more Goals and Keepers than Rules and Actions? I still haven't made any Gs and Ks for my regular deck, when I've made a bunch of new Rules and Actions.

Honestly, I just think they're more fun. All Goals and Keepers function the same way (with a few exceptions), whereas Rules and Actions can do just about anything. But maybe I'm just the minority of the minority of the minority of Fluxx players...

It would be cool if they sold blankxx by type, but it would definitely be anti-profitable for them. eh.

--
-Mike