Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] my blanxx I've made

  • FromStephanie Cottrell Bryant <steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Apr 2007 09:51:30 -0700
On Apr 17, 2007, at 9:40 AM, James Hazelton wrote:
You guys seem to be worrying a whole lot about game balance. You don't consider how, in a standard deck of Fluxx, Chocolate is, what, 4 or 5 times more powerful than War.

Yes. War is a very weak Keeper. I added a goal or two to make it more powerful, even though putting "World War" in my deck hurt my soul. Chocolate is very powerful-- I combated that by adding the Ants! Action.

If you get really into promos and blanxx, you don't really have to worry about game balance, since any individual card takes so long to get drawn.

When there are five Keepers in the deck that can act as bread or cake, and a large number of goals involving some sort of bakery item, you do have to worry about game balance.

It is no surprise that Andy Looney prefers baked goods and chocolate to war.

Nobody ever wins with All You Need Is Love, since by the time you get 10% into the deck, everyone has three keepers or more.

Not true. It happens a surprisingly high number of times.

--Stephanie